A Snipping Tool is a screenshot tool available on windows. Mac devices lack this snipping tool feature. Taking a screenshot is an essential part of our lives. It can be vital for your projects or help you save a picture that won’t download. Many new Mac users might have the question of how to take a screenshot on mac. Snipping Tool is especially true for users who have shifted from a windows device. The lack of a dedicated snipping tool software makes things difficult.
Today we’ll have a look at the various methods to take a screenshot on mac. This guide will help you save your pictures in a jiffy. Follow our recommendations to get the best results.
How to take a screenshot on Mac?
Snipping tools have been a part of the operating system since Windows 7. It is an efficient screenshot service for the OS. The “Prt Scr” button on windows keyboards also helps take a snapshot. Users can paste the results on any graphics editor. Mac devices are also capable of capturing a screenshot. They use only keyboard shortcuts to capture images. The keys are different because of the change in OS. With these shortcuts, users can capture a portion of their screen or the entire screen. Here are the steps that will help you to take a snapshot.
1. Take a screenshot of the entire screen
This guide will help you take a snapshot of your screen. Three keys need to be pressed at the same time. The keyboard combination is as follows – Shift + Command + 3. Here is the procedure to take the screenshot.
- Press the keyboard shortcut to take the screenshot of your entire screen. The combination is Shift, command, and 3rd numeral. It will instantly capture the contents present on your Mac device.
- A thumbnail will appear in the corner of your screen. It is there to inform you that the screenshot was successful. You can click it to make changes to your screenshot. The mac graphics editor will open up.
- Users can also wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop automatically.
2. Capture a portion of your screen:
The snipping tool is useful in this regard. It is a beneficial tool to have for when you need to screenshot a specific part. Mac devices also have a keyboard shortcut to help with the task. Follow this procedure to take a snapshot of a part of your screen.
- The keyboard shortcut for taking a single portion screenshot is shift+command+4. Press the three buttons together to start the process. It will display a crosshair on the screen.
- Drag the crosshair mentioned above to select the portion of the screen. Users need to figure out the area on their mac they want to cover.
- Drag your mouse across the area you want to capture and then release the mouse. It will take the screenshot.
- When a thumbnail appears on your screen, you can edit the screenshot.
- You can ignore the edit feature to save the file directly on your computer.
- Press the Esc key on the keyboard to cancel taking the screenshot. It will instantly remove the crosshair from the screen.
How to Capture a Specific Window?
The macOS has inbuilt features to take a screenshot of a specific window. The device uses keyboard shortcuts for the same. Follow the given below steps to take a screenshot.
- To capture a specific window, use the following keyboard shortcut – Shift+Command+4+Spacebar. Use this once you have the window open.
- Press and hold the shortcut, and your mouse will change to a camera icon.
- Click the window you want to capture with the camera pointer.
- When you see a thumbnail on the screen, you can easily edit the photo. Alternatively, you can also wait for the screenshot to save on your computer automatically.
Best Snipping Tool Alternatives For MAC:
There are many popular snipping tool alternatives for mac. This software works efficiently with the latest edition of macOS. Here are some of the excellent original screenshot services.
Greenshot is a popular productivity tool. It is useful for people who need to take screenshots daily. Professionals who work on computer tutorials require this service. The software comes with built-in OCR capabilities. It is quite simple to use. The software works on the principle of the snipping tool. It is an entirely open-source service. The editor tool is well equipped with arrows and boxes to annotate the pictures. The screenshot shortcuts are customizable on the software. Users can take a screenshot of the entire screen, window, or a select portion like the snipping tool. It is a great alternative. The software also offers editing features to its users to enhance their image capture experience. Try it out today for your on your mac device.
- Visit – https://getgreenshot.org/downloads/.
The website is a renowned screenshot tool for windows and mac. The unique selling point of this tool is the ability to share screenshots over the internet. It is the fastest way to take a screenshot. The app is quite easy to use. The simple and intuitive interface makes it fun to take snapshots. Users also love the similar image search feature. It will help you get the latest image searches and provide accurate results. The light shot software also comes with a powerful editor. Users can instantly edit their pictures after taking the screenshot. Professionals and amateurs alike love the app.
The screenshot tool is a practical application. It can get the job done in a matter of a few seconds. Professionals love the productivity tool. The simple device is efficient when it comes to getting the desired results. The app is compatible with windows and mac devices.
The software is known for its editing features. Users can mix and match images and screenshots. It is useful for users who need to replicate specific scenarios. It is also helpful for live comparison images. Customization is given a high priority on the software. Download the software today to check out its amazing features.
- Visit – https://www.snipaste.com/index.html.
The snipping tool is a Windows exclusive service, and it cannot be downloaded on mac. Mac users have their official keyboard shortcuts for screenshots. These can be efficient in capturing images on your device. We have provided an in detail tutorial on how to use them to your advantage. Furthermore, there are many third party services. The snipping tool alternatives for Mac can solve the problem. They are all useful tools and can be utilized according to your needs. Try them out to boost your productivity.