GarageBand is the line of workstations of the work radio for macOS and iOS which enables its users to make music or podcasts. The developer and seller of GarageBand are Apple inc. It is one of the coolest, easy to use, and the most empowering application which is very empowering too. By using some third party installers you can Download Garageband on Windows 10 for free.
Features of GarageBand:
- Recording of the audio: a digital audio work station along with the music sequencer help in the recording and playing back the multiple tracks of the video. The tuning systems which are included help with the correction of the pitch and also imitate the auto-tune effect when the tuning is done to its maximum level.
- The Virtual Software Instruments: these can be useful while creating original compositions or to play music live. The synthesizers have a wide range of parameters that can be adjusted which may include the cut off, glide, soundtrack, and so on.
- The features of the guitar: it allows Guitar specific track which uses a variety of simulated amplifiers, effect processors, and stomp boxes. Using the inbuilt input of Mac the guitar can be connected.
- MIDI editing: with the compilation of the standard of the MIDI many different kinds of editing can be done with respect to the pitch, velocity, and duration by the user. The MIDI sequences which are being created or edited in the GarageBand cannot be exported to the other digital audio work station or any programs without it being converted to audio.
How can you use GarageBand in the music class?
- Getting the idea of the Tempo: students who are new to this can develop and expand the understanding of the tempo with the help of the in-built microphone of GarageBand.
- Getting help in the identification of the music components: here is how you can identify the components in music;
- Getting the students to give an explanation on the sonic difference between a piano and a saxophone
- With the help of the built-in loops get them to identify the rhythm
- Practice the building harmonies
- Examining what actually a reverb does to the quality of the sound of the instrument
- Doing the experimenting: this is a great tool where you can actually experiment with the musical components as well as the instruments. The students can also do the fun experiment with the sonic elements of each and every instrument that they would like.
- Learning the song building process: the students are being provided with the opportunity to build songs, all the instruments of their choice can be played and recorded all by themselves this is due to the virtual software instruments that are built into
Simple musical sketches are being created by the professional musicians who find this app really helpful. The export and import options for this app are severely limited. It records tracks without any effect but when you listen to it the real time effects will be applied.